Photo credits: Kona Village
The long-awaited Kona Village, A Rosewood Resort has officially opened! Located on the pristine shores of the Kona Coast on a sacred stretch of coastline, the new resort bridges together culture, history, and sustainability and seeks to usher in a new era of Hawaiian hospitality.
· 150 thoughtfully designed stand-alone hale and kauhale that blend heritage and modern luxury. Featuring oversized lanai, many with outdoor showers, the hale pay homage to the resort’s legacy by weaving in Hawaiian artisan touches.
· An aesthetic curated by some of the greatest talents in architecture, design, and horticulture. With structures crafted by Hawaii-raised architect, Greg Warner of Walker Warner Architects, designed by San Francisco-based interior design firm, NICOLEHOLLIS, and lush grounds groomed by VITA Planning & Landscape Architecture.
· A dedicated cultural center pays tribute to the site’s history and the many sacred archeological sites it is home to.
· An Asaya® Spa at Kona Village offers a unique interpretation of Rosewood’s integrative wellness concept. With a menu of therapies inspired by the spiritual quality and natural landscape of the resort’s location.
· Five food and beverage concepts that deftly blend Pacific Rim flavors with the natural bounty of Hawaii Island, sourcing ingredients from locations as close as the resort’s garden, Kahiko Mala’ai.