The Spaulding and Walter Weber designed property (3659 Shannon Road) just hit the market for $6.879M. Architects Sumner Spaulding and Walter Weber are known for being the creative eye behind Santa Catalina Island’s iconic Catalina Casino and Harold Lloyd’s 15-acre Beverly Hills mansion.
Located in prime Los Feliz, CA, this architecturally stunning home is a striking 7-bed, 7-bath home designed one year before Spaulding and Weber completed Catalina Casino in 1929.
3659 Shannon Road’s Standout Design Features: The home was designed to make the most of the panoramic views of the hills and LA city lights with original oversized French doors opening up from the first floor onto the sunny backyard, outdoor dining area, and pool deck. For a truly elevated living experience, many original features of the home were maintained including the classic moldings, hardwood floors, built-ins, the dumbwaiter, and double staircases. Other unique features of the home include,
- 3 Fireplaces: One located in the sunny living room, another in the family room, and a third outdoors near the pool deck and outdoor dining area.
- Culinary kitchen with island and stainless appliances features breakfast area and direct access to back yard
- First floor library, formal dining room, living room, and family room
- One first floor bedroom suite and a dramatic arched hallway connecting the 6 bedrooms upstairs and the office
- A primary suite which includes a private balcony, updated bath, and sweeping city views
- An outdoor area featuring a fireplace, pool, spa and grassy yard with gourmet outdoor kitchen and semi-covered dining patio
- 3-car garage and wide driveway for additional parking
- Temperature-controlled wine cellar
- Double staircases
Images provided by Quinn PR